In an effort to help prepare our families for hosting and to educate them on the lives their host kids live back at home; New Horizons has several books we recommend host families read. This year we’ve decided to sweeten the deal and help motivate you by launching a new program called “Read to Succeed and Reduce Your Hosting Fees”. This program provides an opportunity to turn your time spent reading into cash!
Yes that’s right, for each book you read you’ll be entered into a drawing to win $100 off your hosting fees!
We are currently offering this deal for the following books:
To participate read one of the following books:
- Infinitely More by Alex Krutov (Eastern Europe Families)
- Wounded Children, Healing Homes: How Traumatized Children Impact Adoptive and Foster Families by Jayne E Schooler, Betsy Keefer Smalley, and Timothy J Callahan Psy.D. (Eastern Europe & Asia Families)
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family by Karyn Purvis (Eastern Europe & Asia Families)
- Parenting The Hurt Child: Helping Adoptive Families Heal and Grow by Gregory C Keck and Regina Kupecky (Eastern Europe & Asia Families)
- Priceless by Tom Davis (Eastern Europe Families)
- Daughter of a Thousand Pieces of Gold by Peg Helminski (Asia Families)
After reading the books and taking a short quiz, your name will be entered into a drawing to win $100 off your fees. Have your spouse read them as well, that’s another entry! The more books you read the more entries you get!! Not only will you possibly be able to earn money off your hosting fees, but you’ll also be gaining priceless knowledge about the orphan crisis and this friends will be worth every minute you spent reading. Everybody wins!
If you don’t already own them and need to order these books don’t forget to order them via our amazon link so we can earn scholarship money for your purchases as well!! You can do so on our website.
Head to your local library or amazon today and start reading!
LOVE this! I’m so excited! Great idea.. can’t wait to start reading. Thanks! Brenda
I cant find the quiz…. I read two of the books
They are still coming Doretta. Look for more details in the future, either here or on our facebook page!!!
Adopted for Life by Russell Moore is great too!